↓2019 JAMB Form + Registration Cost #4,700 → Tutorial & Accommodation #10,000 Per Month @ Akahi Tutors. Call 08038644328 or Click here ↓
The United States Department of Justice has denied having any record that indicates that Nigeria’s former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has a pending lawsuit in the US.
In an email to our correspondent on Friday, a spokesperson for the US DOJ, Peter Carr said, “Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked the public court records, and they do not show cases filed against a defendant named Atiku Abubakar.”
The mail also asked the department to confirm whether Abubakar has been banned from entering the US and if there is any court case against him concerning the Halliburton scandal which resulted in the conviction of a US lawmaker, William Jefferson.
Asked if it is true that the ex-vice president (now a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress) was banned from entering the US, the American official said the issue was confidential.
He said, “Visa issues are confidential under section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. If your question is specifically about entry – not about visas per se – I would refer you to the US Customs and Border Protection.”
Last week, Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, had implied that Abubakar was avoiding a visit to the US because he might be charged with a case of money laundering.
He reacted to Abubakar’s interview which he granted to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission’s quarterly publication, Zero Tolerance, where he had accused the Kaduna governor of corruption by offering him Transcorp’s shares.
- Admiralty University Partners with Nigerian Navy, starts Academic Activities
- BSUM Admission List for 2018/2019 Academic Session Is Angrily Out
- FUTO Postgraduate Admission List For 2018/2019 (Batch A) Is Uploaded
- BSUM Acceptance Fee Payment / Registration Procedure – 2018/2019
- Update! DELSU Pre Degree Admission Form, Closing, Exam Date For 2018/2019
- Gunmen attack Adamawa community, raze Catholic Seminary
- Bride And Groom Batter Friend Accused Of Stealing Money Sprayed At Their Wedding (Photo)
- Lady Begs Court To Withdraw Case Against Man Who Raped Her After ‘Enjoying His Sex
- Stealing Pants For Ritual Purposes Is Crazy – Harrysong
- Man Caught Stealing Panties And Bras In Anambra State. Photos
Hottest Gist: ↓2019 JAMB Form + Registration Cost #4,700 → Tutorial & Accommodation #10,000 Per Month @ Akahi Tutors. Call 08038644328 or Click here ↓