The investigation into the governor’s handling of N21.3 billion started in 2016 but wasn’t made public until Monday, July 30, 2018, barely a week after Ortom dumped the APC for the PDP.
According to the EFCC’s report, Ortom ordered the withdrawal of N21.3bn from four government accounts between June 30, 2015, and March 2018.
Even though about N19 billion was earmarked to be paid to six security agencies that had been deployed to address the incessant clashes between herdsmen and farmers in the state, the EFCC disclosed that only N3 billion was paid with the rest unaccounted for.
The EFCC investigation also revealed that Governor Ortom failed to pay salaries despite withdrawing the sum of N1.3 billion for that purpose from the Joint State Local Government Account.
- EXTRA: Oshiomhole causes stir at Jonathan’s book launch (11/21/2018)
- Imo APC: You can’t sack me from APC, Nwosu tells Oshiomhole (11/21/2018)
- Corruption Allegations: Why we can’t arrest Oshiomhole, EFCC tells court (11/21/2018)
- PDP Members Drag Adeleke To Court For Presenting Fake Certificate For Election (11/21/2018)
- Olamide, Babajide Sanwo-Olu And Dapo Abiodun Pictured Together (11/21/2018)