Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, LAUTECH pre-degree admission form (popularly refereed to as PDS) for the 2019/2020 academic session is out. Call Akahi Tutors – 08038644328
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Pre-degree Science Programme, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso, for the 2018/2019 Session.
Call Akahi Tutors – 08038644328
Duration of LAUTECH Pre-Degree Programme.
The programme is expected to run for six (6) calendar months after which there will be an intensive and compulsory ICT programme which will run for three (3) months immediately after the final examination while successful candidates are awaiting admission into the degree programmes.
LAUTECH Pre-Degree Admission Requirements.
Candidate should possess at least SSCE, NECO GCE Ordinary Level or NABTEB in not more than two sittings, with a minimum of credit in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry. Candidate who does not satisfy the above requirement for admission need not apply.
Call Akahi Tutors – 08038644328
How to Apply for LAUTECH Pre-Degree Programme.
(1) Prospective Applicants are to proceed to Pre-Degree Application Website to make payment of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000:00) only for the Application Form and registration online using Interswitch enabled Debit Cards (ATM). Form is available on http://pds.lautech.edu.ng/pdform2018/.
(2) Each prospective candidate is expected to carefully complete and submit the online Application Form. Incomplete Application Form will not be treated.
Call Akahi Tutors – 08038644328
- The closing date for the submission of Application Form is
Monday, September 17, 2018.Each candidate must ensure that the examination slip bearing his/her passport photograph is downloaded and printed as an evidence of successful submission of form.
- Please note that late completion/submission of forms will not be entertained.
- The entrance examination which will be Computer Based Test (CBT) will take place on Tuesday, September 18 and Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 10.00a.m at specified centres in LAUTECH, Ogbomoso. Subsequent examinations during the programme will also be CBT.
Placement into Degree Programmes:
- Placement into degree programmes will be based on performance at the end of the programme, admission requirements, vacancy in the desired degree programme, and participation in the ICT intensive training. Also, all intending applicants are to ensure they obtain 2019 UTME form, sit for the examination and pass the minimum cut off mark as may be determined by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
LAUTECH Pre-Degree Payment Summary
|Acceptance Fee:||=N= 20,000:00|
|Tuition Fee (Indigene):||=N= 100,000:00|
|Tuition Fee (Non-Indigene):||=N= 115,000:00|
|ICT Fee:||=N= 11,500:00|
- Click on “Portal Login” under the General Menu. Login with your PDS Application Form Number (i.e. PDS2013XXXXX) and the Password you created during the Application Process on the next page. You will be prompted to verify certain details after you log in for the first time. You will be allowed to change your details only once, make sure they are in order before you then click on “Click here to proceed”.
- After successfully logging in to your Portal account, you will see the steps you need to take before you are given a Pre-degree Number.
- Please note, you will first have to make your Acceptance Fee payment. After a successful payment you are then expected to proceed to the PDS complex for the verification of your document. Documents to be verified may include O-level certificate, State of origin form, Birth certificate etc as well as others stated on your admission letter.
- After verification you can then proceed to make your payments in this order: Tuition Fee and then ICT Fee.
- After all payments has been made successfully, your payments will be verified at the PDS complex and you will then be given a Pre-degree Number.
While we have done everything neccesary to ensure a smooth payment/ registration process, some exceptional situations may occur. Should the situation persist, reach us via listed contacts below:
- Working Hours: 8am – 4pm, Work days
- Phone Numbers:
- Email: email@example.com
For further enquiries, you may contact us via the listed contacts below:
- Phone Numbers:
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
LAUTECH Chairman’s Welcome
Pre Degree Science Program
On behalf of the Vice-Chancellor, Senate and Board of the pre-degree Science Programme, I welcome you all to the Great Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso. The Pre-degree Science Programme which was proposed by the University Senate in May 1994 was in response to the need for a Six month intensive refresher course to prepare Secondary School Leavers for their first year in the University and with the aim of providing opportunity of University Education for applicants who could not be admitted to the University through Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). During this Six months, learners would be tutored in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and English Language by experienced and dedicated set of instructors for each of the Courses. These Instructors who are drawn from the various relevant Departments in the University are appointed by the Board of the Pre-Degree Science Programme.
In 1995, this Programme opened with the first set of students totaling Seven Hundred and Ninety-Two (792) and has since witnessed steady increase in number over the years. For example in the 2011/2012 set, a total
of two thousand, six hundred and eighty-seven (2,687) students were offered admission into the Programme. I should mention here that not all who applied in previous sets were admitted into the Programme as Entrance Examination must be passed before admission is offered. Hence, you should count yourself lucky to be part of the Programme this year.
It is therefore imperative for you learners to cooperate with the instructors and other officials of the Programme in order to share from their wealth of experience. Diligence and hardwork should be your watchword for you to come out successful in the Programme as placement into the undergraduate programmes of the University is not automatic; it depends on your performance at the end of the Programme’s Final Examination. Needless to say here that you are not yet undergraduate student of the University and as such should shun ‘groups’ under any guise on campus.
The dynamic nature of the Programme has placed it on us to include a compulsory three (3) months Information and Communication Technology (ICT) training for all the Pre-Degree Students to add value to the Programme and to enhance the knowledge of the learners in this very important subject in today’s day to day activities. All lectures are held within the 1,500
Lecture Theatre and Pre-degree Science Complex which has office spaces, reading rooms, a Library and audio-visual facilities. The ICT training is handled by the LAUTECH ICT (LICT) in their premises. I therefore strongly appeal to you to avail yourself of this opportunity to sharpen your skill in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
LAUTECH is a non-residential institution, hence, students are therefore expected to arrange for their accommodation in town and maintain a healthy relationship with the host community and neighbours. You are also strongly advised to shun all immoral and amorous activities like cultism, late night movements, drugs and all manners of examination mis-demeanour, as these may jeopardize your set goal and future.
Even though you will be admitted into the University Programmes based on your performance in the Pre-degree Final Examination s, all Pre-degree students are expected to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtain the National Minimum score as may be determined on yearly basis by the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) in line with JAMB new policy. This has become very crucial and thus must be treated with all seriousness.
You are also advised to put God first in all your endeavours during the period of your study as the place of God cannot be ruled out in anything we do. Should you need any other relevant information about the Pre-degree Programme, feel free to contact the office of the Chairman.
Once again, I welcome you all and I sincerely wish you a resounding academic success in the end.
Prof. Mrs. M. Oladipo
Board of Pre-Degree Science Programme