My fiancee and I have been in a relationship for 5 years now. I met her since she was in secondary school. We both love each other and she is very nice, loving and supportive too.
We have talked and started planning on settling down and that should before the end of the year but I am beginning to have a second thought.
The problem is not my fiancee but her mom. The woman is very nice and welcoming but lately, she did something that I am not comfortable with. Last week she sent me a text asking for financial assistance. That her daughter (my fiancee) is yet to pay her house rent at school and that my fiancee younger brother is yet to pay his registration fee. And so she had asked me to loan her some amount before the end of the month when she will remit it. That she considered me a son and that’s why she confided in me. I later sent her SMS that I don’t have anything.
I was like why would she asked me for loan when her daughter never asked for one naira in our Five years of relationship? So my fear is, should I marry her daughter, wont she trouble me with further demands? Please is there anyway around this? Please what do I do?
- As inappropriate as the request was/is, it’s not enough to call off the relationship
- Let her go. You don’t love her.
- Whether you want to marry her or not, there is nothing wrong in rendering help to someone you’ve dated for 5 years. It’s 5 years bruv?! She didn’t ask you for money for aso-ebi or food. The money is meant to pay the school fees of the same girl you’ve dated for 5 years.
If she has never disturbed you for money in the past, then you will be committing a crime against humanity to rebuke or insult the poor woman. Don’t read too many meanings until you find real proofs.
- I hate stingy men with a passion, God Forbid!
Shame no even catch you to say no? I just feel so sorry for the girl and her family.
If they were wiser they would flee now that it’s still very early.
- This is quite surprising. I half I expected you to jump on the parade and curse women as gold diggers.
Thank God for little mercies!!!
I get really really angry when I read posts like this. As if marrying him is some kind of achievement. For God’s sake can’t he help out someone in need for the sake of being nice, talk more of his prospective in-laws?
I’m tempted to get the poor woman’s account number and give her the money myself to avoid further insult from this yeye man. Arrant nonsense!