↓2019 JAMB Form + Registration Cost #4,700 → Tutorial & Accommodation #10,000 Per Month @ Akahi Tutors. Call 08038644328 or Click here ↓
The Economic Community of West Africa ECOWAS Court, has again adjourned hearing into the fundamental rights suit filed by the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
Kanu’s suit filed in March 2016 is yet to reach its hearing stage at the court since it was first brought before it.
The case had been adjourned in November 2017, after a previous postponement a month before, following applications by parties in the matter.
On Tuesday, the court presided over by Justice Hemeye Mahdmadane announced its decision to make further adjournment after entertaining a fresh application by the prosecution.
The judge said the court’s decision to adjourn sitting was based on the fact that motions brought before the court in November were yet to be translated into English language.
At the opening of session on Monday, the prosecution counsel, Maimuna Shiru, informed the court, that her client had a motion seeking to keep the court abreast of the recent developments in the matter.
According to Ms. Shiru, her motion seeks to inform the ECOWAS court that IPOB had already been proscribed and that the Federal High Court in Abuja had affirmed the proscription of the group.
Reacting to the recent application, however, Mr. Ejiofor accused the prosecution of making unnecessary motions aimed at preventing the case from succeeding.
The court, however, warned Mr. Ejiofor to desist from making such utterances in court.
The matter was adjourned to May 30.
- Biafra: IPOB, BNYL clash over system of government for 7 nations
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Weds IPOB Member (Photos)
- Biafra: Ohanaeze youths identify those allegedly sponsoring Nnamdi Kanu to cause confusion
- ‘IPOB Will Participate In Elections In Abia, Ebonyi’ – Nnamdi Kanu
- IPOB: Igbo APC Leaders Scared Of Campaigning For Buhari In South East
- IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm
- Jubril Of Sudan: Nnamdi Kanu Suspends Live Broadcast, Reveals Next Action
- Benjamin Onwuka Reappears, Remanded In Prison
- IPOB Women Storm The Streets Of Abakiliki, Ebonyi State. Photos
- Revelation??? ISIS Will Attack Nigeria, Your Mothers Will Be Raped, Says IPOB Leader
Hottest Gist: ↓2019 JAMB Form + Registration Cost #4,700 → Tutorial & Accommodation #10,000 Per Month @ Akahi Tutors. Call 08038644328 or Click here ↓