I have already explained everything about Jamb caps for 2017 admission. If you still don’t have full idea of what Jamb caps is then click here now to read more about it.
Steps To Check Your 2017/2018 Admission Status In Caps Portal
- Ensure you have active data bundle.
- Open your favourite browser but I will advice you not to use Opera Mini.
- Visit the jamb caps admission checking portal using this link http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/acceptadmission.aspx. IF the first link does not work for you, use this one http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/app_candidates/candidateprofile.aspx
- Caps Central admission portal home page will open.
- Enter your Jamb registration number in the space where you will see UTME Registration Number.
- Click on the submit button.
- Your details including Jamb score, institution, date of birth,etc will appear.
- If you are given admission and you like the school then click on accept admission.
- If the institution and course space is blank or you have not been offered admission then don’t click on accept admission. Just keep checking back.
- Be very careful to to accept admission when you are not offered or when you have hope of gaining admission in a better school.
- Once you accept the admission offered you then you admission door is closed for that year.
What Should I do If I See Not Admitted In My Caps Portal/Market Place And I Accept The Admission Status
If you see not admitted yet in your Caps market place it means your school hasn’t started giving admission and all you have to do is close the page and keep checking back. Don’t click on the accept admission TAB.
By the time your school of choice releases her admission list,you will not only see the “ACCEPT” icon but also a ‘DECLINE’ icon . You are enjoined not to click on the ‘ACCEPT’ icon until you receive an admission notification from your institution of choice.
I Mistakenly Click Accept Admission In My Caps Portal What Should I Do And Will I Lost Admission?
If you mistakenly accepted admission when you have not been offered admission by any school yet then I don’t think that would be an issue.
The main issue is when you have been offered admission in a particular school already and you accepted it. It then means that your door of admission for that year has closed. I wish you the best.